Land Title July, 2013 Market Summary
Please see below for the July 2013 Pitkin County Market Analysis.
- $90,966,690 - total dollars for July, an increase of 16% from July 2012
- 381 - total transactions for July, an increase of 711% from 2012
- Interval transactions were up drastically for the month, which contributed to the increase in transactions and making it the strongest transaction month of the year.
- If you exclude the interval sales, there were 67 sales. This would've resulted in a transaction increase of 43% from last July.
- Year to date, dollars total $611,657,809 a decrease of 9% from same period 2012
- Year to date, transactions total 750, an increase of 97% from same period 2012
- For the month, Intervals led the way with a total of 314 transactions ($7.4 million), Aspen posted 37 transactions ($55 million), Snowmass Village 18 ($20.6 million), Redstone 4 ($1.2 million), Old Snowmass 3 ($3.8 million), Carbondale 3 ($1.1 million), and Woody Creek 2 ($1.5 million).
- There were 6 bank sales recorded in the county for July totaling $2.million. This accounted for 2% of the transactions and 2% of the dollars (see page 9 for more details)
- Year to date, there have been 62 bank sales recorded in the county, totaling $39 million. This accounts for 8% of the transactions and 6% of the dollars.
- The average single family home sold price thru July is $3,254,689, a decrease of 22% from full year 2012
- The median single family home sold price thru July is $2,268,000, a decrease of 19% from full year 2012
- Interval dollar volume for July was up 390% from July 2012, with a total of $7.4 million
- Interval transaction volume for July was up 3389% from July 2012, with a total of 314
- Interval transaction breakdown for July: Innsbruck - 302, Ritz Carlton - 3, St Regis -2, Hyatt Grand Aspen - 2, Residences at Snowmass Club, Roaring Fork Club Suites - 1, Sanctuary - 1, and Timbers - 1
- The Innsbruck sales were all purchased by the same party
- Through July, interval dollar volume totals $26,805,157, a decrease of 5% from same period 2012
- Through July, interval transaction volume totaled 387, an increase of 409% from same period 2012
- Buyer profile through July: 71% were out of state (domestic), 23% were Local, 4% were International, and 1% Front Range
- Loan info through July, 57% of the sales were cash and 50% were financed. If you exclude the interval frenzy, 63% of the sales had financing and 37% cash.