Please see below for the August 2013 Pitkin County Market Analysis.
- $138,447,113 - total dollars for August, an increase of 31% from August 2012
- 162 - total transactions for August, an increase of 170% from 2012
- August was the strongest dollar month thus far in 2013
- Year to date, dollars total $750,104,922 a decrease of 4% from same period 2012
- Year to date, transactions total 912, an increase of 107% from same period 2012
- For the month, Intervals led the way with a total of 107 transactions ($11.1 million), Aspen posted 39 transactions ($113.6 million), Snowmass Village 10 ($7.3 million), Carbondale 2 ($3.3 million), Woody Creek 2 ($2.6 million), Redstone 1 ($500,000), and Old Snowmass 1 ($75,000).
- There were 3 bank sales recorded in the county for August totaling $1.9 million. This accounted for 2% of the transactions and 1% of the dollars (see page 9 for more details)
- Year to date, there have been 65 bank sales recorded in the county, totaling $41 million. This accounts for 7% of the transactions and 5% of the dollars.
- The average single family home sold price thru August is $3,461,225, a decrease of 18% from full year 2012
- The median single family home sold price thru August is $2,300,000, a decrease of 18% from full year 2012
- Interval dollar volume for August was up 307% from August 2012, with a total of $11.1 million
- Interval transaction volume for August was up 1089% from Augut 2012, with a total of 107
- Interval transaction breakdown for August: Innsbruck - 85, Dancing Bear - 6, Residences at Snowmass Club - 3, St Regis -3, Timbers - 2, Ritz Carlton - 2, Hyatt Grand Aspen - 2, Residences at Little Nell - 2, Roaring Fork Club PUD - 1 and Shadow Mountain Lodge - 1
- Through August, interval dollar volume totals $37,874,869, an increase of 22% from same period 2012
- Through August, interval transaction volume totaled 494, an increase of 481% from same period 2012
- Buyer profile through August: 73% were out of state (domestic), 21% were Local, 4% were International, and 2% Front Range
Loan info for August - 66% cash sales and 34% with financing
I took Gary's advice from his September/October e-newsletter and made the drive from Highway 133 in Carbondale to Kebler Pass, which is on the way to Crested Butte. It was a gorgeous fall drive and a lot of the foliage was still a vibrant yellow in mid-October! I will be sure to make this my annual fall drive. Not to mention, the great campsites I saw along the way that I will be sure to take advantage of come summer!
(Awe-inspiring photo by Brooke Maline)